This group 3 days Marrakech to Fes desert tour is very popular, with a break in the desert along the route. In three days, you’ll see the Kasbah at Ait Ben Haddou, the Gorge of Todra, and an overnight camelback safari to a Sahara desert camp.
- Breakfast and supper are complimentary.
- A camel safari is included in the package fee.
- Sandboarding is provided.
- The tour is restricted to just 15 people.
Book this tour
Meeting and pick-up
You may either go straight to the meeting spot or request pickup on Viator.
J2G7+G36, Rue des Banques, Marrakech 40000, Morocco Hôtel Restaurant Café de France jamaa el-fnna J2G7+G36, Rue des Banques, Marrakech 40000, Morocco
Launch Google Maps
Read also: Scams in Morocco
Day 1: KASBAH AIT BEN HADDOU – BOUMALN DADES – TINGHIR – MARRAKECH – TI’ZIN TICHKA – BOUMALN DADES – TINGHIR
In the morning, the first day of the group 3 days Marrakech to Fes desert tour starts. Your experienced driver/guide will pick you up. Initially, you will depart Marrakech through the High Atlas Mountains. On the route, you may stop for photos at the Tizi N Tichka cole, located at an elevation of 2260 meters and offering the greatest views of mountains and settlements.
Stopping to one of the Argan oil cooperatives will allow you to witness how Argan oil is used to produce cosmetics. Furthermore, you may sample cuisine prepared with it.
From there, we’ll take the route to Telouet, a town known for its Kasbahs. Several photo stops may be taken till you reach Ait Ben Haddou. You may have lunch at one of the local eateries after or before touring the Kasbah.
Your local guide will take you all the way to the Kasbah’s summit and explain its history.
You will next arrive at Ouarzazate, which is known for having the biggest film and television studios. It is optional to stop here before continuing on to Boumalne Dades via Skoura and Roses.
You will have the opportunity to purchase rose water cosmetics (beauty goods) at Kalaat Megouna before continuing on to Boumalne Dades.
Accommodation: Hotel Bougafer Tinghir or Luxury Riad Dades or similar
Day 2: TINGHIR – TODGHA & OASIS GORGE – TINEJDAD – ERFOUD – MERZOUGA
After breakfast, the second day of the group 3 days Marrakech to Fes desert tour starts to Merzouga’s Erg Chebbi Sahara Desert. Berber villages are scattered along the way, we’ll pass through Todra Gorges, oasis, Tinjdad, Jorf and Erfoud in which we’ll feel the beginning of the Saharan oasis of Tafilalet, and then we continue to a Hotel in Merzouga, after relaxing few minutes you will take some of your luggage in small bag (necessary for the night in desert) and leave the other luggage in the hotel, then we will ride the camels on an adventure We will leave the camels at the camp and travel to the tallest sand dunes for sand surfing and to watch the sunset before spending the night in a camp (Berber nomad tents) with drum music in the heart of the Sahara.
Accommodation: overnight at Berber camp
Meals: Breakfast and Dinner
Day 3: MERZOUGA DUNES – MEDILTE – AZROU – FEZ
We will wake you up early in the morning to watch the sunrise in the dunes, then ride the camels back to Merzouga, after breakfast and a shower in camp, we will start the road to Fes passing Rachidia, Midelt, and Azro, see the monkeys, and continue to Ifran known as Morocco’s Switzerland to enjoy its beauty, take pictures, and then heading to Fes. will end late in the afternoon around 6:30 PM, with a drop off at your hotel or the nearest.
Accommodation: Not included
Tour includes and excludes
- Accommodation at a hotel (hotel saghrou in tinghir or similar)
- Accommodation in Merzouga’s desert camp (Layali Camp or similar)
- Ride a camel. (Each person gets one camel)
- Lunches and drinks
- Local Guide in Ait Ben Haddou Kasbah
- When you book, you will get your confirmation.
- There are no wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available.
- Most tourists are able to participate.
- There will be a maximum of 18 people on this tour/activity.
You can cancel up to 24 hours before the experience and receive a full refund.
- You must cancel at least 24 hours before the start time of the activity to get a complete refund.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the start time of the experience, you will not be reimbursed.
- Any modifications made less than 24 hours before the start time of the event will not be allowed.
- The cut-off times are determined by the experience’s local time.
- This experience is weather dependent.
- If it is canceled due to inclement weather, you will be given an alternate date or a full refund.
Book this tour
Other Marrakech tours & activities
7 Tanzania culture and traditions to know
Tanzania culture and traditions diverse yet mainly homogenous civilization rich in age-old customs. The locals are well-known for being kind…