This three-for-one escorted day trip includes the beach resort of Sidi Boy Said as well as Carthage and Tunis’s old city. Explore Roman remains near Tunisia’s magnificent coastline at Carthage and get an insider’s view of traditional marketplaces and mosques in Tunis’s Old City. Enjoy a delicious coastal lunch as part of your tour.
A full-day organized trip of Sidi Bou Said, Tunis Old City, and Carthage for the price of one. Learn about the ancient art of making caps and visit the perfume vendors of the medina. Take advantage of private hotel transfers and travel in luxury in a climate-controlled private vehicle. The Bardo National Museum has precious relics from the Phoenician and Roman eras.
How to book this tour?
To book this guided day trip to Carthage and the surroundings, check availability at this secured listing on Viator:
- Departure time: 8 AM.
- Departure location: your hotel in Tunis.
Begin the day by being picked up from your Tunis hotel. Travel to Carthage in a cozy, air-conditioned vehicle, seeing some of Tunisia’s most exquisite homes along the route. Explore the city with your guide, seeing old sites and enjoying panoramic views of the nearby coastline. Carthage was historically devastated by the Romans in 146 BC, but studies have discovered five-story mansions, sewage facilities, and the ruins of city walls that originally spanned across Byrsa Hill for 21 miles (34 km).
Proceed to Sidi Bou Said, a blue-and-white, attractive hamlet overlooking the Mediterranean Sea, after viewing the UNESCO-listed ancient city. After stopping for lunch at a local restaurant, continue to Tunis to see the Bardo National Museum, which has Roman mosaics, early Islamic pottery, and rare Phoenician antiquities. Make your last visit of the day at Tunis’s medina, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. Your guide will lead you through the small alleyways to the Zitouna Mosque, a classic cap-makers market, and Tunis’s vibrant perfume market. This trip closes with a drop-off at your accommodation in Tunis.
What is included?
- Expert tour guide.
- Pick-up and drop-off services from and to your hotel.
- Transportation in an air-conditioned car.
- Carthage admission costs.
To know before you go
- When you book, you will get confirmation.
- Wheelchair friendly.
- Please notify us of any special dietary needs at the time of booking.
- If you need a vegetarian meal, let us know at the time of your reservation.
- Accessible for strollers.
- Close to public transit.
- Children must sit on their parents’ laps.
- All of our vehicles are accessible for those using wheelchairs.
- Surfaces are accessible for wheelchairs.
- Most visitors will be able to participate.
- There will be a maximum of 12 people on this tour/activity.
To get a complete refund, you must cancel the trip at least 24 hours before it begins. If you cancel less than 24 hours before the start of the trip, you will not be reimbursed.
Any modifications made less than 24 hours before the start time of the activity will not be allowed. The cut-off times are determined by the experience’s local time.